Hair seems to be one of those things that most guys take pride in. But what can a man do if his hair is starting to fall out or has fallen out to a certain degree? You will find a lot of natural hair remedies. The natural remedies are safe and risk free. If they do not work for you, you do not have anything to lose because it would not do any further harm to your hair.
1. Massaging the hair and scalp with oil is said to be the best natural remedy for regrowing thinning hair. For hair massage, you can either use olive oil or a mixture of rosemary and jojoba oils. Other than this, even almond, castor and coconut oil are said to be good for hair. Before applying the oil, heat it first and then directly apply on the scalp, gradually moving towards the hair. To ensure hair regrowth, massage your scalp vigorously, especially on the areas where you are experiencing hair loss. It will be good if you can leave the oil on your hair for the whole night. However, if this is not possible, apply the oil and let it stay for half an hour to one hour, before you wash it off with a good shampoo and conditioner. Hair oil massage should be done at least three times a week to achieve best results.
2. India has produced some very interesting hair loss remedies, many of which involve nuts, berries, leaves and eggs. For instance, taking the uncooked yolk of one egg and massaging it into your scalp is known to help hair loss. Keep the yolk on your scalp for about an hour before you wash it off. The healing qualities found in the egg are said to stimulate the hair follicles and recharge hair growth. Another treatment involves applying castor oil to the scalp and roots of the remaining hair. Do not put the castor oil on the hair itself, just the root and the scalp. Wrap a cloth or newspaper around your head and leave it on throughout the night. Wash it off when you wake up in the morning.
3. Men can benefit from various remedies aimed to treat the thinning of their hair. Two of such remedies you can probably find the ingredients to right in your kitchen are honey and lemon juice. They seem to work wonders for the growth of men’s hair when used together.
Massaging a mixture of the two together into the scalp and washing away a half hour later helps to not only treat dandruff which can lead to severe hair loss, but it also cures excessive dryness of the hair and prevents further loss.
4. Nutritional deficiency can lead to hair thinning and slows or even stops regrowth. Iron, vitamins, and minerals promote healthy hair growth and without them, the hair can weaken and the hair follicles may become damaged which can lead to hair loss. Eating healthy and staying well hydrated is important to healing the hair and scalp back to health. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day will keep your body nicely hydrated. A word of caution about excessive vitamins intake: certain vitamins, such as Vitamin A, if taken more than the recommended daily intake can cause hair loss as well as other health risks. For instance, if you are taking Vitamin A supplement, the recommended daily intake should not exceed 5,000 IU daily for adults. The best approach is to spread the foods you eat in good proportions. Your health physician can better assess your overall nutritional deficiencies and recommend the right vitamins and diet plan.
5. In your endeavor of how to naturally regrow lost hair, you can also try some home remedies that have been proved to be quite effective. One such method is to use the mixture of cinnamon and honey on your hair. Take cinnamon in a mixing bowl, add honey to it and mix them with olive oil to make a paste. Apply this paste on the entire hair, including on the scalp and rinse it off after fifteen minutes with shampoo. Another natural method of regrowing lost hair is by using aloe vera gel on the scalp directly. Drinking aloe vera juice is also said to help in the regrowth of lost hair. Rubbing the scalp with onion or garlic is also believed to be a good home remedy to regrow thinning hair naturally.